I direct the Cognitive Studies MA at the University of Sheffield. This means, among other things, that I supervise all the students in the MA program and I teach the Cognitive Studies Research Seminar every Autumn.
I am also currently supervising 6 PhD students:
- Richard Hassall (primary supervisor). Thesis topic: Are mental disorders natural kinds?
- Miklos Kurthy (primary supervisor). Thesis topic: The psychology of normative judgment
- Noel West (primary supervisor). Thesis topic: The relevance of neuroscience for normative ethics
- Andreas Bunge (secondary supervisor). Thesis topic: Moral responsibility and implicit cognition
- Alex Duvall (secondary supervisor). Thesis topic: The cognitive mechanisms underlying spatial navigation
- Damiano La Manna (secondary supervisor). Thesis topic: The function of phenomenal consciousness
If you are interested to study with me for an MA or a PhD, feel free to get in touch!
In the AY 2016-2017, I have been teaching Philosophy of Mind (2nd year) and Pain, Pleasure, and the Emotions (3rd year). At Sheffield, I also taught Philosophy of Science (2nd year) and directed individual projects on self-knowledge and experimental philosophy.