WUN Research Project on Covid-19 and emotion
I am the PI for the WUN-funded Research Project "Getting back in touch: Emotional pathways to a post-pandemic world". This interdisciplinary project will study emotional responses to the Covid-19 pandemic across four continents (Africa, Asia, Europe, and South America), with the aim of designing public health strategies that can maximise emotional well-being and foster post-traumatic growth.
Recent and upcoming talks
- Value of Experience Workshop, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium, 15-16 Nov 2023
- Departmental Seminar, University of York, UK, 18 Oct 2023
- Departmental Seminar, University of Glasgow, UK, 12 Sept 2023
- Cognitive Science Speaker Series, University of Sheffield, UK, 5 Sept 2023
Recent workshops and conferences
- Shaun Nichols Leverhulme Lectures: The concept of self: From birds to Buddhists, Spring 2023
- Spring School in Philosophical Methods: Experimental Philosophy and Statistical Learning, Spring 2023
- Emotional Bonds, Spring 2019
Hang Seng Centre for Cognitive Studies
I am an Associate Director of the Hang Seng Centre for Cognitive Studies. The Centre organises seminars, workshops, and conferences to investigate fundamental issues concerning the nature of cognition. To keep abreast of the Centre's activities, please visit this webpage.
I am an Associate Editor of Analysis Reviews, a journal devoted to reviewing work in analytic philosophy. We publish Critical Notices, Book Symposia, Opinionated Introductions, and Surveys. I am happy to receive pitches for pieces in the following areas: Philosophy of Mind and Cognition; Philosophy of Language and Linguistics; Philosophy of Science.
Recent reading groups
- Cognitive science (Spring 2023). Liz Spelke What Babies Know
- Moral psychology (Autumn 2022): Shaun Nichols Rational Rules
- Cognitive science (Spring 2021): Randy Gallistel and Adam King Memory and the Computational Brain
- Philosophy of psychology (Autumn 2020): Nick Shea Representation in Cognitive Science